Monday 31 December 2012

The next 16 days

So, after all of the drinks tonight, tomorrow the hard work begins.

I've set an overall goal of making $500,000 in the year of 2013. I have quite a few holidays already planned (Vegas Jan 17-26 for my 25th birthday, Madrid for el Clasico for a weekend in early March, skiing for a week at the end of April, Ibiza for a week at the start of June followed by Vegas for a month (both for the WSOP and taking my brother and his gf out their 21st's) and a safari sometime later in the year with Amy (my girlfriend) in Kenya).  That leaves about 300 of the 365 days left in the year to play online poker, needing to earn $1650 a day to be successful for the challenge. In 2012 I had a very successful year regarding the poker, I made over this amount but I also spent way too much of it. 2013 is the year where I plan to save instead of spend (especially when in the UK), so if I do make this $500,000, I hope to have around $450,000 of it to show at the end.

Regarding my life over the next 16 days...

I'll be playing around 5,000 hands of NLHE poker each day playing 12-16 tables at once. Normally I play 9-12 tables just because in 2012 I only ever played 5/10 and above, but as I'm going to be playing nearly all of my poker on Pokerstars in 2013 I'll include some 3/6 in there too.

There is another thing I'll be doing in the first 16 days, and that's running. I have a prop bet with my friend, another poker player, who is coming with me to Las Vegas in 17 days. 2 weeks ago we said to each other we'd both run 100 miles before the trip, so far I've only run 16 and then Christmas came along, and then I've had the flu for a week now. I'm just getting better, although not ready to run, but tomorrow I've decided to just go out and run, regardless.  So, in the 16 days I have about 84 miles to run. Failure to run the 100miles means the other one gets to push the other in one of the Tao bath tubs (they have bath tubs with petals and water in outside the nightclub Tao in Vegas). If we both fail to run the 100 miles, Amy gets to push us both in.

It will be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Followed you through your last goals, great to read. And all the best for NY! Have a good one tonight :)

    ReplyDelete