Sunday 6 January 2013

A week into January 2013 - update

Just wrote a post with a few hands I've played good and bad so far this month. The link to this post is:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=36529811&postcount=124

A brief update regarding the month so far...

I've played 60,000 hands in the first 6 days of January. Never in my life have I played this kind of volume before... Not sure why but I'm just going for it in terms of putting in hands and earning some VPPs on Pokerstars. I've earned 50,834 VPP's in the 6 days playing.

An upload of the number of hands I've played and at what stake this year:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii607/Grind4Money90/handssofar_zpscca9fe3f.png

As you can see, I've done very well at all the stakes apart from 5/10. I've always found 10/20 easier than 5/10 for some reason... In the first 8,000 hands of 5/10 I was down $40,000. So I've kind of just broke-even/won a little since then. Looking at my hands in my database they are pretty all just coolers really. Sick variance I guess.

Overall, I have mixed feelings so far regarding my results this year.  I mean, I'm up $14,514 in 6 days which is pretty amazing if you put that into context with jobs outside of poker and sports. But in 2012 I won at over $1/hand, I guess my $/hand ratio will go down due to all the mass tabling I've been doing on Pokerstars so far - I've been 18 and 24 tabling pretty much the whole time I've been playing, and the lowest was 9 tables which was when I played 10/20 vs the regs there.  Regarding my winrate of 1.51bb/100 - I guess I can be happy that I've currently got an edge in the 60k hands or so, considering I've been mass tabling with nearly always other regs. Once I reach Supernova Elite I'll be going back to table selecting the best 9-12 tables on multiple sites... Until then, it's nothing but reg wars!

Some brief goals for January:

Play 70,000 hands more before the LV trip on Jan 17th. That's around 7,000 a day - so not as much as I've been doing (currently 10,000/day). I'd like to try and get the 5/10 losses to under $20k before LV too. But who knows what will happen...


1 comment: